Medicovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
As of now available for healthcare professionals.
Available from MEDICE for:
- trained specialist and medical staff
- a SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test for nasal- or oropharyngeal smear (Medicovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test available as a pack of 1 or 20)
- is listed by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM), listed by the Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI) according to the state of the art,
- listed by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and assessed with better sensitivity values compared to Roche
Medicovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Tests
- for a direct pathogen detection of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and known mutations ( UK: B117, N501Y, ZA: B1351, BR: E484K)
- very good values in sensitivity, specificity, validated in 7 clinical trials
- supporting the national testing strategy, for a sensitive use of PCR test capacities
- are refundable according to BfArM lists
- offer tested, validated quality regarding sensitivity, specificity, accuracy, cross reactions and interference and deliver results
- results within 10 minutes at the point-of-care
- rapid proof of an acute SARS-CoV-2 infection (sensitivity)
- excludes detection of an acute SARS-CoV-2 infection (specificity)
- detect the N-Protein (Nucleocapsid Protein of the virus) as well as previously detected strains (especially UK B117, ZA: B1351 N501Y, ZS E484K)
Medicovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test for nasal- or oropharyngeal smear
MediCovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 rapid tests fulfil the conditions of the BfArM as well as the stricter requirements of the Paul Ehrlich Institute - PEI (at least 100 PCR positive samples in validation) and the Swiss Society for Microbiology as of March 9, 2021. The Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (BAG) has also listed the test as of October 1, 2020, and again as of December 23, 2020.
MediCovid-AG® SARS-CoV-2 rapid test meet the stricter criteria of the Paul Ehrlich Institute - PEI (as of January 22, 2021 under § 1 paragraph 1 sentence 4 TestV) and also detects the new mutations . The PEI also listed the Medicovid-AG SARS-CoV-2 antigen test among the few tests that correspond to the state of the art, Evaluation of Sensitivity measurements as of February 12, 2021.
The independent investigation carried out by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health shows: In comparison to PCR tests (Ct value), the rapid test from Roche (reference) at cycle times of 23, 26, 29, a sensitivity of 98%, 92.8% and 85% and the MediCovid-AG® rapid test in comparison with a sensitivity of 100%, 97.1% and 90%. The specificity for both tests was 99.5%.